You will find here the top 30 companies that comprise the Philippine Stock Exchange Index or PSEI. If you are keen on investing in stocks listed in the Philippines, you may consider these companies.
What is PSEI
It is the stock market index of the Philippine Stock Exchange. It is the benchmark of the performance of Philippine Stock Market.
Top 30 Stocks in PSEI (Philippine Stock Exchange Index)
Here is the list of the top companies in the PSEI.
|1. Ayala Corporation||AC||Holding firms|
|2. AC Energy Corporation||ACEN||Industrial|
|3. Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc.||AEV||Holding Firms|
|4. Alliance Global Group, Inc.||AGI||Holding Firms|
|5. Ayala Land, Inc.||ALI||Property|
|6. Aboitiz Power Corporation||AP||Industrial|
|7. BDO Unibank, Inc.||BDO||Financials (Banks)|
|8.Bloomberry Resorts Corporation||BLOOM||Services (Casinos & Gaming)|
|9.Bank of the Philippine Islands||BPI||Financials (Banks)|
|10. Converge Information and Communications Technology Solutions, Inc.||CNVRG||Services (Information Technology)|
|11. Globe Telecom, Inc.||GLO||Services (Telecommunications)|
|12. GT Capital Holdings, Inc.||GTCAP||Holding Firms|
|13.International Container Terminal Services, Inc.||ICT||Services (Transportation Services)|
|14. Jollibee Foods Corporation||JFC||Industrial (Food & Beverage)|
|15. JG Summit Holdings, Inc.||JGS||Holding Firms|
|16. LT Group||LTG||Holding Firms|
|17.Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company||MBT||Financials (Banks)|
|19.Megaworld Corporation||MER||Industrial (ELEC., ENERGY, POWER & WATER)|
|20. Metro Pacific Investments Corporation||MPI||Holding Firms|
|21. Puregold Price Club, Inc.||PGOLD||Services (Retail)|
|22. Robinsons Land Corporation||RLC||Property|
|23. Robinsons Retail Holdings, Inc.||RRHI||Services (Retail)|
|24.Security Bank Corporation||SECB||Financials (Banks)|
|25.SM Investments Corporation||SM||Holding Firms|
|26.San Miguel Corporation||SMC||Holding Firms|
|27. SM Prime Holdings, Inc.||SMPH||Property|
|28.PLDT Inc.||TEL||Services (Telecommunications)|
|29.Universal Robina Corporation||URC||Industrial (FOOD, BEVERAGE & TOBACCO)|
|30. Wilcon Depot Inc.||WLCON||Services (Retail)|
Top 30 Stocks of PSEI Company Profile
1. Ayala Corporation
Ayala Corporation is a holding company of the Ayala Group of Companies. It is the oldest holding firm in the Philippines being founded in 1834.
Its core business interests are in real estate, telecommunications, financial services, industrial technologies, water, power, infrastructure and technology ventures.
- Ayala Land
- Manila Water Company
- Integrated Micro-electronics
- AC Energy and Infrastructure Corporation
2. AC Energy Corporation
ACEN is the energy subsidiary company of Ayala Group. It has approximately 3000 Megawatts of attribution capacity in the Philippines, Vietnam, India, Indonesia and Australia.
The company operates solar, wind and geothermal energy plants.
3. Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc.
AEV is the holding company of Aboitiz Group. The company and its subsidiaries are engaged in various businesses such as power generation and distribution, food manufacturing, real estate development, and financial services.
Subsidiary companies include:
- Aboitiz Power Corporation
- Unionbank of the Philippines
- City Savings Bank
- RAFI Microfinance
- Pilmico Foods corporation
- Gold coin
- Vinh Hoan Feeds
- Aboitiz Infra-Capital
- Apo Agua
- Lima Estate
- Lima Water
- West Cebu Estate
- Aboitiz construction
- Aboitiz Land
- Aboitiz Data Innovation
4. Alliance Global Group, Inc.
AGI began as glass container manufacturer in 1994 and in 1999 got an approval as a holding company to broaden its business interests.
Alliance Global Group is engaged in property development and township projects, quick food service, food manufacturing and distribution.
- Emperador Inc.
- Travellers Internaitonal
- McDonalds Philippines
5. Ayala Land, Inc.
ALI is the property arm of Ayala Corporation. The company is engaged in property development of condominiums, mixed-use and integrated developments, leasing of commercial and office space developments.
Makati Development Corporation
North Triangle Depot Commercial Corporation
Ten Knots Philippines, Inc
6. Aboitiz Power Corporation
AP is engaged in power and energy business. Its line of business is in power generation, power distribution, retail electricity services, and distributed energy.
They operate distribution facilities in Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.
7. BDO Unibank, Inc.
BDO is formerly ACME which was acquired by SM Group. It acquired the Equitable PCI bank in 2007 .
In 2014, it acquired the number one rural bank in the Philippines, Network Bank. It is now named as BDO Network Bank.
BDO is now the number one bank in the Philippines.
- BDO Capital & Investment Corporation
- BDO Private Bank, Inc.
- BDO Leasing and Finance, Inc.
- BDO Finance Corporation
- BDO Securities Corporation
8.Bloomberry Resorts Corporation
BLOOM is engaged in business relating to hotel, gaming and entertainment operations.
They own Solaire Resort and Casino located in Paranaque City, Metro Manila.
- Sureste Properties, Inc.
- Bloomberry Resorts and Hotels Inc.
- Bloomberry Cruise Terminals Inc.
- Solaire Korea Co., Ltd.
- Bloomberry Resorts Japan, Inc.
9.Bank of the Philippine Islands
BPI offers various financial services such as corporate banking, consumer banking, investment banking, asset management, corporate finance, securities distribution, and insurance services.
- BPI Family Savings Bank, Inc.
- BPI Capital Corp.
- BPI Direct BanKo, Inc.
- BPI International Finance Limited
- BPI Remittance Centre Hong Kong Ltd.
- BPI (Europe) Plc.
- BPI Century Tokyo Lease & Finance Corp.
- BPI/MS Insurance Corp.
- BPI Asset Management and Trust Corp.
- BPI Investment Management Inc.
10. Converge Information and Communications Technology Solutions, Inc.
CNVRG is engaged in the construction, installation, maintenance and operation in the Philippines Information and Communication Technology.
They started their broadband Internet operation in June 2012.
11. Globe Telecom, Inc.
GLO is a giant telecommunications company in the Philippines. They offer Globe prepaid, Globe post paid, TM network and Internet services.
- Innove Communications, Inc.
- GTI Business Holdings, Inc.
- Kickstart Ventures, Inc.
- Asticom Technology, Inc.
- Globe Capital Venture Holdings, Inc.
- Bayan Telecommunications, Inc.
- TaoDharma Inc.
- GTowers Inc.
- Yondu, Inc.
- Electronic Commerce Payments, Inc.
12. GT Capital Holdings, Inc.
This holding company is owned by the Ty family. The company has business interests in banking, automotive assembly, importation, distribution, financing and property.
- Federal Land, Inc.
- Toyota Motor Philippines Corporation
- Toyota Manila Bay Corp.
- GT Capital Auto Dealership Holdings, Inc.
13.International Container Terminal Services, Inc.
The business interest of ICT is in the operation, management, development and acquisition of container terminals.
Aside from their operations in ports and container terminals in the Philippines, they also have presence internationally.
14. Jollibee Foods Corporation
JFC is a popular company in the Philippines. They operate quick service restaurants.
Some of the stores they own:
- Red Ribbon
- Yong He King
- Hong Zhuang Yuan
- Mang Inasal
- Burger King
- Highlands Coffee
- Hard Rock Cafe
- Dunkin’ Donuts
- Tim Ho Wan
- Tortas Frontera
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
- Panda Express
15. JG Summit Holdings, Inc.
JGS is a holding company owned by the Gokongwei family. The operate businesses related to foods, agro-industrial and commodities, real estate and hotel, air transportation, banking and petrochemicals.
16. LT Group
LTG is majority owned and controlled by Tan family. They operate businesses in beverages, tobacco, property development and banking businesses.
- Tanduay Distillers, Inc.
- Asia Brewery, Incorporated
- Fortune Tobacco Corporation
- Philippine National Bank
- Saturn Holdings, Inc.
- Paramount Landequities, Inc.
- Eton Properties Philippines, Inc.
17.Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company
MBT is one of the popular banks in the Philippines. Their business activities involve deposit-taking and lending, trade finance, remittance, treasury, investment banking and thrift banking.
- First Metro Investment Corporation
- Philippine Savings Bank
- Metrobank Card Corporation
- ORIX METRO Leasing and Finance Corporation
MEG is engaged in real estate development, leasing and marketing.
- Richmonde Hotel Group International Limited
- Eastwood Cyber One Corporation
- Suntrust Properties, Inc.
- Empire East Land Holdings, Inc.
- Global-Estate Resorts, Inc.
- Bonifacio West Development Corporation,
19.Manila Electric Company
MER main business is in the distribution and sale of electric energy.
Meralco has 4 categories in their distribution namely residential, industrial, commercial and street lights.
20. Metro Pacific Investments Corporation
MPI business interest is in power, toll operations, water, healthcare, rail, logistics, and others.
- Beacon Electric Asset Holdings, Inc.
- Beacon PowerGen Holdings
- Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation
- Maynilad Water Holding Company, Inc.
- Metro Pacific Hospital Holdings, Inc.
- Metro Pacific Light Rail Corporation
- MetroPac Logistics Company, Inc.
21. Puregold Price Club, Inc.
PGOLD is engaged in trading and retail business. They operate Puregold stores all over the Philippines.
Some businesses they also own:
- Ayagold Retailers, Inc.
- San Roque Supermarkets
- 31 minimarts
- 20 S&R warehouse clubs
- 46 S&R Quick Service Restaurants
- 2 Merkado branches
- 30 San Roque supermarkets
22. Robinsons Land Corporation
RLC is the property arm of JG Summit Holdings. They are into property development and they operate shopping malls and hotels including leasing of office buildings.
- Robinson’s Inn, Inc.
- Robinsons Realty and Management Corporation
- Robinsons Properties Marketing and Management Corporation
- Robinsons (Cayman) Ltd
- Altus Angeles, Inc.
- Altus Mall Ventures, Inc.
- GoHotels Davao, Inc.
- RLC Resources, Ltd.
- Bonifacio Property Ventures, Inc.
- Bacoor R and F Land Corporation
- RLGB Land Corporation
23. Robinsons Retail Holdings, Inc.
RRHI is engaged in trading and retail consumer goods. They operate department stores, DIY stores, convenience stores, drug stores, and specialty stores.
- Robinson’s Supermarket Corporation
- Robinson’s Handyman, Inc.
- Robinsons Appliances Corp.
- Robinsons Convenience Stores, Inc.
24. Security Bank Corporation
SECB is into wholesale banking, financial markets and retail banking.
Subsidiaries and joint venture:
- SB Finance Company, Inc. (formerly Security Bank Savings Corporation)
- SB Capital Investment Corporation
- SB Rental Corporation
- SB Equities, Inc.
- SB Cards Corporation
- SBM Leasing, Inc.
- SB Forex, Incorporated
- Security Finance and Leasing Inc.
25.SM Investments Corporation
SM is the holding company of the Sy owned businesses namely retail, property and banking.
- The SM Store
- SM Supermarket
- SM Hypermarket
- Walter Mart Supermarket, Inc.,
- SM Prime Holdings, Inc.
- SM Development Corporation
- BDO Unibank, Inc.
- China Banking Corporation
26.San Miguel Corporation
SMC is a diversified conglomerate which has business interests in fuel and oil, energy, infrastructure, and real estate industries.
- San Miguel Food and Beverage, Inc.
- Ginebra San Miguel, Inc.
- SMC Global Power Holdings Corp.
- SEA Refinery Corporation
- San Miguel Holdings Corp.
- San Miguel Properties, Inc.
27. SM Prime Holdings, Inc.
SMPH is one of the property arms of SM Group. Their business categories include malls, residential developments, commercial and hotels and convention centers.
- SM Development Corporation
- Costa del Hamilo, Inc.
- Tagaytay Resort Development Corporation
- SM Arena Complex Corporation
- SM Hotels and Conventions Corp.
- SM Land (China) Limited
TEL is an integrated communications service provider in the Philippines. They offer the most extensive fiber optic, fixed line and cellular network in the Philippines.
- Smart Communications, Inc.
- PLDT Clark Telecom, Inc.
- PLDT Subic Telecom, Inc.
- PLDT Global Corporation
- PLDT-Philcom, Inc.
- PLDT-Maratel, Inc.
- Bonifacio Communications Corporation
- Digital Telecommunications Phils, Inc.
- PLDT Global Investments Holdings, Inc.
- PLDT Digital Investments Pte Ltd.
29.Universal Robina Corporation
URC is engaged in various food-related businesses.
Their core business segments are:
- branded consumer foods
- agro-industrial products
- commodity food products
30. Wilcon Depot Inc.
WLCON operates Wilcon Depot and Wilcon Home Essentials.
The company currently own 63 stores nationwide, 3 of which are mall-based.