Taco is a delicious recipe that is very filling and at the same time refreshing. It is a sure click to the family.
There are times that I crave Tex-Mex food and when I do, I always make taco and nachos.
The cheese, tomatoes, avocado and lettuce mixed with the meat in this taco recipe is superb and heavenly.
To make things easy, I just use a store-bought soft corn tortillas and prepared all my fresh ingredients such as tomatoes, avocados. Then I infuse a little arugula which I picked from my home garden to make it healthier.
For this recipe, I used ground pork. I just saute the onions then add ground pork. After that, I just also add it my store-bought taco mix which already consist of spices like chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, and oregano.
When I was still cooking, my pumpkins (Candy and Sugar) are already waiting for me to finish it. They are like vultures waiting to attack when the opportunity comes. LOL.
Taco Recipe Ingredients
As mentioned above, I used simple and easy to source out ingredients.
- Ground Pork
- Soft Corn Tortillas
- Taco Seasoning Mix (consist of spices like chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, and oregano)
- Cheddar Cheese
- Arugula or lettuce
Sharing to you my Taco Recipe. Enjoy!
- Cooking Pan
- 500 grams Ground Pork
- 3 pcs Tomatoes sliced
- 1 big Avocado sliced
- 200 grams Cheddar cheese grated
- 4 pcs Soft Corn Tortillas
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning Mix
- Arugula leaves
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 pc onion medium-size
- For the pork, add cooking oil and saute onions in a skillet over medium-high heat, Then add the ground pork and cook it until totally browned, then drain the fat. Add the taco seasoning mix and give it a stir to combine. Add 1/2 cup hot water and stir. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes and set aside.
- For the Tortillas, warm it in the oven based on package instructions. This usually takes 3-5 minutes in a pre-heated oven.
- Once desired tortilla crispness is achieved, arrange it in the plate, placing the desired amount of the cooked ground pork, topped with the sliced avocados, arugula or lettuce, tomatoes and cheese.