This spicy squid recipe is delicious and so appetizing due to its spicy flavor. It is a sure welcome to the family’s table.
To make some variations to what I serve in the family table, I sometimes buy squid in my local wet market. There are numerous ways to cook squid but one of the favorites of my loves is my version of spicy squid.
Their penchant for this recipe is unquestionable as my family loves spicy foods. You can expect them to like what you serve on the table when it is hot and spicy. Easy to please eh!
The other day, I do my usual round of marketing for our food supply and I long planned to buy squid because we have been eating mostly fish and veggies.
I wanted to have something different served on the table. I have to stick to sea foods as of the moment because we have been trying to avoid pork lately due to issues of African Swine Flu. We just wanted to be proactive and preventive.
Spicy Squid Ingredients
This recipe has only few ingredients and just quick to cook as well. For this recipe, you will need the following:
- Squid – cleaned and cut to desired size. I personally prefer bite-sized cuttings.
- Chili Pepper – to make it spicy
Sharing to you this recipe. Enjoy!
Spicy Squid Recipe
- 700 grams Squid cleaned, cut to bite-size rings
- 1 pc Onions minced
- 5 cloves Garlic minced or crushed
- 2 thumbs Ginger Sliced into small cubes
- pinch Salt
- pinch Pepper
- 4 pcs Chili Pepper or Cayenne Pepper cut into small pieces
- Saute the garlic and the onions
- Add the ginger
- Add the squid and stir for 1 minute
- Add 2 -3 cups of water
- Add pepper and salt and Cayenne Pepper
- Let it boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, transfer to a serving bowl and serve while warm.